iPad Painting Using Procreate: Technique & Artistry
Description: Enjoy learning how to sketch and paint with your iPad using premier pro painting app Procreate 4 in a loose, artistic, expressive way, making use of versatile brushes and powerful layers. This workshop combines the technical with the artistic. Whether you are completely new to drawing and painting, or are an experienced artist, you’ll find this workshop an enjoyable, educational, stimulating and inspiring experience that will equip you with the skills and insights to make the most of your iPad as a fabulous portable art studio!
Bio: Jeremy is one of the top iPad live event painters in the world, performing at corporate, private and museum events across the globe. Originally from London, Jeremy is a San Francisco-based artist, author of the Painter Creativity: Digital Artist's Handbook series and founder of the educational video tutorial and online learning resource PaintboxTV.com. Whilst studying for his Physics degree at Pembroke College, Oxford University, he attended drawing, sculpture and print-making classes at the Ruskin School of Drawing and Fine Art, later studying lithography and drawing at the Vrije Academie in The Hague, the Netherlands. Jeremy was a pioneer in digital painting, using the Mac as a painting tool since 1991, speaking at numerous international conferences and being selected to be a Corel Painter Master Elite. His live event painting work has included performing for Cirque du Soleil as part of their Totem show, for the Smithsonian American Art Museum at their America Now! Innovation in Art celebration, for the de Young Museum at the opening of the epic David Hockney Bigger Exhibition, and painting live on stage for five weeks in twenty cities as part of the Tommy Igoe Birdland All-Stars’ Art of Jazz east coast tour. You’ll find Jeremy is not only knowledgeable and expert in his field, but also is a very fun, encouraging, effective and enthusiastic teacher!
Materials students should bring:
- iPad Pro and Apple Pencil (iPads that are not Pros and styluses that are not Apple Pencils will also work, though the Pros and Apple Pencils are undoubtedly the best tools for the job)
- The latest version of Procreate, installed
- Bring chargers and have everything fully charged at the beginning of class.
- Know your Apple ID and password in case you wish to purchase or download additional apps
- Have at least 5 GB of available free storage space on your iPad (see Settings / General / iPad Storage).
- Have sufficient iCloud storage to back up the iPad (to manage this go to the Settings / iPad Name / iCloud / Manage Storage).
- Bring a notebook and pen
- Students should visit: https://www.paintboxtv.com/ipad-art-tools/ for a summary of the art and art related apps on my iPad that they may wish to explore, plus some useful accessories.
Materials instructor will provide: I will provide the students with some extra brushes for Procreate. I'll bring with me my iPad pro, Apple Pencil, iPad easel and HDMI adaptor.